Saturday, November 22, 2008

Currents

A little statistic for you: To date we have prepared and taken down 78 baby blanket bundles since we started this project!
I have received quite a few more baby clothes that are in good condition and designated for future baby bundle packages. Thankfully I have for both boys and girls. I hope to prepare even more packages for the next trip down. Currently we need more socks, t-shirts and the blankets themselves. If anyone is interested in making a blanket or has a gently used baby blanket please pass them on to us before March 30th.
To honor the efforts put into the handmade blankets I will be posting pictures of the handmade blankets that we recieve in a flicker photo group. Look for that soon.

I have also considered the need for baby hats as I didn't include them in every package previously. It does get cool and even cold in Guatemala and most of the babies I have held and seen carried around by their mothers have colds. So I will be posting more about baby hats soon as I have information concerning a simple pattern for making hats from cotton Tshirts of adult or children size. I need to give the pattern a little testing and will get back to you.

No comments: